Garden of Eden

Garden of Eden
The famous "Garden of Eden"

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Lucas Here We Come Again!

This upcoming weekend I will be making another visit to Lucas for some more Senior project work. Coming along with me are two close friends who are wonderful photographers, and I am excited to see what great images they will be able to capture.
I have been following the recent renovation of the Garden of Eden, and it looks fantastic! I can't wait to see all the progress in person.
Since my last visit, I have also been able to meet with John Hachmeister at Kansas University who was very insightful and helpful concerning the background of Lucas as well as a really nice guy.
Looking forward to enjoying the KS heat and sunny skies in Lucas!
If you have any suggestions of your favorite things in Lucas to check out, please let me know!

1 comment:

  1. My favorite things in Lucas are the people. To name four, Rosslyn and Peg at the Grassroots Art center, Erika Nelson of the Worlds Smallest Versions of the Worlds Largest things. Eric Abraham of The Flying Pig. Among others. Friendly town.

    Over on the side of Brandt's market is a new mural by Erica Nelson. Don't forget to go see that. It's wonderful!

    And my favorite things in Lucas to see, beyond the people, are The Art Center, Erika's place, The Flying Pig, The Garden of Eden, The Deeble house. The Mural. Various things about town. ya never know! But keep yer eyes and ears open. It's a wonderful, wonderful place.

    I beileve there is a creative vortex in Lucas. You can feel it driving into town. I tell you what, i'd move there if I could. The Lucas triangle, no doubt has something to do with that vortex. Or maybe it's the other way 'round.

    I don't know what, if anything, is in there now, but one time there was regional art scattered around inside the library. I had a heck of a time finding the library a few years ago. I knew a lady had some pictures showing there so I decided to check out the library. I walked down the street, stopped and stood there on the sidewalk looking up and down the street. Couldn't see anything that looked like a library.

    then someone walked past me into the building I was standing in front of. My thought was, "Oh, I'll just go in there and ask where the library is!"

    I walked in, and found myself standing right in the library. LOL

    Like I said, I have no idea if there's any art in there right now or not.

    have a GREAT weekend! Oh, and take water with you. Don't travel without plenty of water right now.

    ReplyDelete